Terms & Conditions
Couture Work | Terms & Conditions
1.Love Frocks provides a couture service making custom garments to your instructions.
2. The initial consultation is free of charge and there is no obligation on you to commission any work.
3. Commissioning work:
a. No work will commence on any item until we receive a copy of our agreement signed by the client along with any required deposit payment.
b. Payment of the deposit will confirm your acceptance of our terms and Conditions.
a. Information made available to us at the time of quotation is the sole basis for the creation of the quotations and the quotations are subject to change if there are any errors or omissions in this information.
b. Later changes to your instructions may require extra work and so incur additional charges.
a. We will endeavour to meet any deadlines if you tell us about them at the initial consultation and you co-operate fully in terms of making decisions quickly and making yourself available for fittings.
b. We shall not be liable for any default due to any act of God or other event beyond our reasonable control.
c. Acceptance of urgent work is at our discretion, and we will do it on a best endeavours basis and the work will attract a premium charge.
a. If you would like a garment made to measure please arrange an appointment.
b. Please bring appropriate underwear/shoes to fitting appointments. The fitting may not proceed otherwise, resulting in extra charges.
c. Appointments last up to an hour from the appointment time. Longer appointments may apply for the fitting of multiple garment orders. Most fittings take under 30 minutes.
d. Please telephone in advance to cancel appointments.
7. Fitting, collection & payment:
a. Payment in full is required before the garment(s) may be collected or despatched.
b. Part payment is required before wo order fabrics ans start making your garment. If an order is exceptionally large, there is to be deferred completion or we have difficulty contacting you for a fitting.
c. For large orders, we may ask for payment by instalments. We will require the final instalment before collection or despatch of the garment(s).
8. You should ensure that you are happy that the garment(s) are as ordered at the time of collection or delivery. Unless you notify us within 3 days of collection or delivery of any alleged defect or failure to comply with instructions, it shall be conclusively deemed that the garments have been made in accordance with your instructions, are free from any defect and that you have accepted them.
9. All other warranties, whether express or implied, by statute or otherwise are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. In the event of any breach of contract, your remedies shall be limited to damages and under no circumstances shall our liability exceed the price of the garment(s) made by us and, if not included in the price, the cost of the materials (excluding delivery charges).
11. This Contract is made under English Law and is subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
12. Should any part of this Contract be held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed consistent with applicable law as nearly as possible to reflect the original intentions of the parties and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
13. Nothing in this contract should be deemed to remove any of your statutory rights as a consumer.